I’m not a big fan of claiming there is one solution to feeling amazing. That there’s one magic pill to shed the extra pounds right off your waist. That there’s one night cream to remove the dark circles under your eyes. That there is one thing you can do to increase your energy.
I don’t like doing that. But what I do enjoy is giving you simple solutions for huge improvements. And today I have ONE thing that can improve on all of the goals listed above. WATER.
Yep, it is that simple. If you are properly hydrated day in and day out, you will notice that you have more energy, better and more accurate hunger signals, and your skin will look fresh.
Drinking the right amount of fluids before, during and after physical activity, as well as throughout the day, is vital to providing your body the fluids it needs to perform properly. Dehydration has been linked to a sluggish metabolism, confusion, and even heart arrhythmia. It’s amazing how incredibly important being hydrated is.
So… How much do I need?
Fluid needs for adults:
- About 15.5 cups (124 oz) of fluids for men
- About 11.5 cups (92 oz) of fluids a day for women
This week, during the crazy holiday time when your schedule may be a little hectic, I encourage you to stay hydrated.
Tips to keep you hydrated:
- Flavor your water with fresh fruit and herbs.
- Drink a glass of water after every bathroom break.
- Drink a glass of water while you prepare your evening dinner.
- Use an app to track your intake.
- Choose sparkling or mineral water to keep things interesting.
- Stick to a one-to-one rule when drinking alcohol. For every glass of alcohol, drink one glass of water.
- Use a water bottle with “time mark” stamps to keep you on track with how much you’re drinking.
- Anytime you finish your bottle or glass immediately fill it back up!
- Sip on decaf herbal tea. Try fun flavors iced or warm!
- Make a rule that every time you work out you finish an entire water bottle before the workout is complete.
About Laura Burdick
Laura is the Director of Sales and Operations at The Hot Room. She also teaches Original Hot Yoga, Inferno Hot Pilates, Hot Power Sculpt and Hot Power Vinyasa. As a certified health coach, Laura leads all of The Hot Room wellness programs. To contact Laura directly about your wellness questions, you can email her at email@example.com. You can also read more about Laura on her bio page.