YIN YOGA Teacher Training
April 17 – 19, 2020
April 24 – 26, 2020
MeET YOUR FACILITATORS
Dennis and Kathy Lang are both E-RYT 500/YACEP instructors of yoga, meditation and mindfulness with over 14 years of experience. As etherial musicians, they integrate sound and vibration into their teaching with Spanish guitar, fusion sitar, crystal bowls, gong, Native American flute and chimes. Students of the married couple expound “Practicing yoga with them is a magical blend of mindfulness, placid vibrational sound and live acoustic music created to accompany their warm and down to earth teaching style. They pay attention to all aspects and dimensions of what yoga is really about.”
Annually, Dennis and Kathy lead 40+ workshops and teacher trainings in the US plus retreats overseas. Their foundations are in Vinyasa Flow and Yin Yoga but are also trained in Kundalini, Chakra Theory and Energetic Anatomy. Lovers of adventure and other cultures, they have traveled to over 40 countries and their lifelong mantra is “finding fun and making memories”.
YIN yoga WEEKEND INTENSIVE:
Hours are Friday night – 6 – 9pm, Saturday – 9am – 5pm, and Sunday – 9 – 4pm with a 90 minute lunch break on Saturday and Sunday.
The training is open to teachers and non-teachers alike.
15 hours of CE credits with Yoga Alliance
The weekend intensive will include a blend of lecture, discussion and practices with live music including:
- A historical perspective of Yin Yoga
- Yoga anatomy from a Yin perspective
- Benefits of Yin Yoga
- The Basic 26 postures
- Meridian Theory and the use of Yin Yoga for targeted results
- Yin versus Restorative Yoga
- Yin Yoga for Athletes
- Teaching guidelines and how to design a practice
- Practice teaching
- Over a dozen Yin yoga sequences are provided as well as class theme suggestions
- Recommended pre-reading: The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga by Bernie Clark OR Insight Yoga by Sarah Powers